Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Banana choc chip muffins

Some people get really excited over a pair of shoes. Others, it's the perfect handbag that melts their ice cream. However, I save the pounce and the emitting of happy cries for when I spy some super ripe bananas, because once I have my hot little hands upon them I know that I can make THE BEST BANANA MUFFINS EVER!

Banana Muffins


1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup raw caster sugar
1 cup raw oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
3 really ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs, beaten well
1 tsp vanilla essence

1 - Preheat oven to 180 C.
2 - Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
3 - Mix together the bananas, oil, eggs and vanilla essence until combined. Add to the dry ingredients, and mix gently until just combined.
4 - Line the holes of a 12 hold muffin tin, then dollop spoonfuls evenly into the cases. Bake for 20 minutes (test with a skewer to ensure they are cooked through), then cool out of tin on a wire rack.

4 comments:

  1. I must try these. I am always looking for good muffin recipes. I have one for blueberries, but I always land up with some over ripe bananas. I usually make banana bread, but these would be a nice change. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freeze the old bananas to make super cold smoothies for the kids. But that's just 'cause I can't bake for shit. These look really good.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my afternoon reading your blog and it was lovely! Keep it up!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely delicious cup cake. We have a great collection of African fabrics. Good quality at lowest price. For whole sell price Visit us hope you guys love them.
    Sequin Fabrics, Whole sell Sequin
    Meba Wo Abrokyere
    African Fabrics
    Wholesale African Fabrics

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!