Thursday, March 08, 2012

Black Honey Cowl

Cowl #1

Cowl #2

Truly, I held off for as long as I could, but in the end I just couldn't resist. I had to make one of those famous Honey Cowls. And I'm glad I did - it was such a peaceful, gentle knit, and I learnt how to join in yarn when using circular needles. Hooray for me!

I've made this one for a friend who walks to work early in the morning, and I hope it keeps her snug under her coat and around her neck as the weather gets cooler. Sigh - I just love knitting when it's cold!

Project Details
Pattern: Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in black (from stash - yes!)
Needles: 4.5m circular needles

Raveled here.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cowl. It's been a while since I've done any knitting but this cowl is tempting. Hopefully I can remember how to knit with circular needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous knit! Circular needles can be such a joy to use. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, but that is a delicious piece of cowl--and in cashmerino, no less. you are the bestest sort of friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I made one of these a while back for my sister and it was such a nice, meditative knit. Cashmerino is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.