Thursday, June 10, 2010

The sewing pledge

Thread

I, Jorth, do hereby solemnly swear on the sacred trinity of needle, thread and fabric, that I shall block out a nice big chunk of time to do some sewing today. I shall rush about at breakneck speed like a mad woman this morning, doing my errands, and then shall come home and sew like I've never sewn before.

I won't even stop, whilst out and about, to do The Age quiz with Max, the cantankerous book shop owner, despite it being our regular ritual. And let me tell you, I love beating him in the quiz, but such is my commitment to sewing that I shall make the sacrifice, even though it pains me.
It really is a pity about the quiz, as I can feel in my boots that it is my lucky day, but goshdarnit, the projects and stash are out of control. Sewing must, and will, be done!

6 comments:

  1. I make this promise to myself all the time... still, something else always seems to get in the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare. slowly slowly wins the race. I sew for at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. Most of the time I do 40 minutes to an hour. At that rate I get one or two garments a week made. That's 52 in a year. (PS sorry to be a smartarse!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sewing should win out every time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the sewing gods smile on you today ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, look! The GOOD thread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'm on vacation right now, but as soon as I get home I am very determined to get some sewing done EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.