Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Craft paralysis

Kidsilk Haze

I don't know what it is at the moment, but I just can't seem to settle down to any sort of craft activity. I have both a dress cut out and ready to sew, plus the above jumper I am knitting, but have completely lost interest in both.

This problem is compounded by the fact that we are now in the depths of winter. When the night falls as quickly as it does, all I want to do is crawl into bed with a good book. Some nights actually find me in bed, devouring my favourite Nancy Mitford a mere 15 minutes after Grumbles has been put down, and she goes to bed at 7:30!

Also, I feel like I'm doing a lot of rushing around the moment, and I'm just not getting any decent chunks of time in which to craft in. Oftentimes I'll find myself with half an hour before I need to go and pick up Grumbles from school. It doesn't seem worth the hassle to bring out and set up the sewing machine, and the thought of knitting is making me go bleugh (which does not bode well for any winter garments I hope to whip up!), so I instead find myself on The Guardian reading George Monbiot's latest missive. What George rails against is both fascinating and educational, but it's not helping me in the craft department.

This weekend, however, is a long one, so I'm determined to hunt down and utilise my crafting mojo. So watch this space - I may even produce a miracle and have a finished object to show you!

5 comments:

  1. That green is just gorgeous. Love the colour, love the fuzz. Hope the long weekend helps you find your groove again. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingrid3:02 pm

    I know how you feel, it's so hard being a mother/slave and having to cook and clean and then find time to sew/craft. I've been toying with the idea of bringing my knitting along to knit at the school while I wait for my son to appear... Hope your mojo comes back soon! BTW I got all excited when I saw your photos of the eggs and thought maybe you'd got some chickens... we have 3 now and they are great! They turn rubbish into eggs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that green = perfection

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure we're supposed to hibernate in winter!

    Here's hoping a bit of weekend sunshine will get the blood circulating again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as there is regret over the lost sewing mojo, there is nothing finer than curling up in bed on a cold night with the leckie blanket, a nice cuppa and a good book. Enjoy it while you can! I am the opposite. After being in the crocheting wilderness for months, I have finished an annoying project and now can't put down the next. Never fear- the enthusiasm will return.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.