Monday, October 27, 2008

Six of one, half a dozen of the other

I've been tagged by Katiecrackernuts (top name!) to do the Six Things About Yourself meme. You know the drill: I blab six things, then tag somebody else.

The challenge will be to come up with six interesting things about myself that I haven't already mentioned before. Yikes! I'm not sure I'm that layered, but here goes:

1 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE mid-century illustration, like the above pic. Can't get enough of it, no sirree! Just as well the fabulous Plan59 is around to give me a regular fix. If anybody knows of any other similar sites, feel free to let me know.

I mean, seriously, how excited is that kid over his spaghetti? He's all "Great Scott, Spaghetti! I may very well crack my face open with excitement! Spaghettispaghettispaghetti!" Oh man, it cracks me up, gets me everytime. I can't see the youth of today being that thrilled over mere pasta.

2 - I'm rather partial to a bit of spaghetti myself. Especially with freshly made rocket pesto and roasted pumpkin.

3 - I only paint my toenails in summertime. Never the winter, because I'm too lazy to upkeep something that is always hidden in socks and boots. So now you know - I'm a nail maintenance slob!

4 - I never did the big travel/work/live overseas thing, as we chose to have Grumbles instead. I often get pangs of envy listening to others talk of their big adventures, but I'd still make the same choice if I had my time again. Still, never too late, eh? I hear Norway is nice this time of year...

5 - Cheesecake is my favourite dessert. I ate three pieces of it the night before my wisdom teeth op. I figured I'd best shove the calories in whilst I could still move my mouth, and thank heavens I did because it was nothing but mash for a week afterwards.

6 - I am not ashamed to admit that I love Careless Whisper by George Michael, although I may regret announcing this when you all stop reading my blog in disgust at my pathetic taste in music.


Right - tagging time. This one has been doing the rounds for a while, so if you want to do it and haven't yet had the pleasure, consider yourself tagged by moi!

6 comments:

  1. Yummm, pasta with rocket and roast pumpkin. I'll throw in garlic bread and a salad, a bottle of sparkling red wine and I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old neighbour and I used to do Wham concerts on the front verandah, using the front path as the bit of the stage that juts out into the crowd! Careless Whisper was the serious song in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too re the bare winter toenails and the having babies before travel - i thought i was the only one in the western world who made that choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Spaghetti kid looks embarassingly like my husband, who would have been a child of that age at the time. Hemh....

    2. All the best people allow their toenails to breathe in winter...like you and me.

    3. Careless Whisper is also a secret swoon song for me too. Pick me to make a film clip of it with, say, Daniel Craig?

    4. I have done the travel thing. Just lucky. Had to be a topless dancer to do some of it (just between you and me), but its nice to have a past, ya know? Having babies is a VERY worthwhile alternative - and besides, you're not dead yet!

    5. Yummy roast pumpkin, you are rapidly becoming a passion of mine, with red onion, balsamic, pine nuts, fetta cheese (drool)

    Have a good one (insert choice here)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like a bit of George myself. I was a huge Wham fan way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:32 pm

    That bit where George sings "tonight the music seems so loud, I wish that we could lose this crowd"... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.